Before attempting this tutorial, you should have already read and completed the “ClassiPress Child Theme Tutorial Part 1“. Assuming you have done this you will already have a folder for your child theme which leaves us right where we left off.
What we will Cover in Part 2
- Creating the functions.php file.
- Overwriting an existing function (the prices function in this tutorial).
- Creating your own new function in the function file.
- Use the child theme to modify the index-directory.php file so that our homepage is modded.
- Build a new dashboard template to show confirmation messages and activate it.
Step 1: Creating the functions.php file