The latest version of JobRoller has just been released. This is a maintenance and feature release so existing customers should upgrade. There was a total of 16 tickets fixed. A break down of tickets can be found below.
- PayPal urlencode issue
- Salary field bug
- Hide salary field option added
- Pack expire date fix
- Search now uses lat long box so that search covers a larger area rather than a point
- Fixed return error after payment
- Fixed re-listing/moderation bug
- Current url trailing slashes
- Job Packs formatting
- Job Packs expire calculation was backwards
- Expired job fixes (after moderation)
- Search results pagination added
- Wrapped text in contact form template with localization tags
- Fixed spacing issue with tag sidebar widgets
- Fixed naming issue with certain widgets and css classes
- Fixed tab index on creating new user accounts
- Added wp_remote_post check on system info admin page
- Added terms and conditions page option with checkbox
- Option to disable user-created password fields & send auto password via email on reg form
- Added cron job viewer on system info admin page
- Added new appthemes api and hooks (doc to come soon)
- Added separate comment templates for page, blog, job objects
- Added disable WordPress 3.1 admin toolbar option
- Added disable WordPress version meta tag option
- Separated comments from pings/trackbacks
- Removed search-xml.php which wasn’t being used
What Files Have Changed?
Many of our customers have done customizations to the core theme files and want to know exactly which files have been added, modified, and removed. The good news is we’ve made this process going forward much easier. In addition to providing the latest full version download, we also now include a patch release. This will be a much smaller download and only include the files that have changed since the previous release.
So instead of having to read through the change log and figure out what files have been modified, you can just download the patch and ftp the files directly into your existing ClassiPress theme folder. You’ll still want to deactivate and then reactivate your theme so everything gets updated correctly but this will improve your upgrading experience.
Make sure to read the “Installing a Patch” guide if you decide to go this route.
Here’s the list of all files affected in the 1.3 release (from v1.2.1).
includes/appthemes-hooks.php Added comments-blog.php Added comments-page.php Added includes/theme-hooks.php Added archive.php Modified changelog.txt Modified comments.php Modified footer.php Modified 404.php Modified includes/admin/admin-options.php Modified includes/admin/admin-orders.php Modified includes/admin/admin-post-types.php Modified includes/admin/admin-values.php Modified includes/admin/install-script.php Modified includes/admin/write-panel.php Modified includes/appthemes-functions.php Modified header.php Modified includes/classes/orders.class.php Modified includes/classes/packs.class.php Modified includes/forms/confirm-job/confirm-job-process.php Modified includes/forms/edit-job/edit-job-form.php Modified includes/forms/edit-job/relist-job-process.php Modified includes/forms/register/register-form.php Modified includes/forms/register/register-process.php Modified includes/forms/submit-job/submit-job-form.php Modified includes/gateways/paypal.php Modified includes/theme-actions.php Modified includes/theme-comments.php Modified includes/theme-emails.php Modified includes/theme-footer.php Modified includes/theme-functions.php Modified includes/theme-header.php Modified includes/theme-login.php Modified includes/theme-sidebars.php Modified includes/theme-widgets.php Modified index.php Modified jobroller-no-admin.po Modified jobroller-no-admin.pot Modified jobroller.po Modified jobroller.pot Modified README-FIRST.txt Modified loop-job.php Modified loop.php Modified page.php Modified search.php Modified sidebar-blog.php Modified sidebar-job.php Modified sidebar-page.php Modified sidebar-submit.php Modified sidebar-user.php Modified sidebar.php Modified single-job_listing.php Modified single.php Modified style.css Modified taxonomy-job_cat.php Modified taxonomy-job_salary.php Modified taxonomy-job_tag.php Modified taxonomy-job_type.php Modified tpl-add-new-confirm.php Modified tpl-blog.php Modified tpl-contact.php Modified tpl-edit-job.php Modified tpl-job-cats.php Modified tpl-jobs-by-date.php Modified tpl-myjobs.php Modified tpl-profile.php Modified tpl-submit.php Modified search-xml.php Deleted
How Can I Get This Version?
Existing customers can login to their customer account and download the latest version and immediately start taking advantage of these cool new features.
Got some ideas for new JobRoller features? Head on over to our new Ideas Exchange and submit/vote for your favorite ideas!
How Do I Upgrade?
If you haven’t made any changes to the theme files then the easiest method is to just do a complete upgrade (download the full 1.3 version). Then follow the “How to Upgrade Versions” guide. If you’ve made modifications to the core theme files, then we recommend installing the patch version instead. Then follow the “Installing a Patch” guide.
Anything related to support should be posted in the JobRoller support forum where our dedicated support team can assist you. For specifics about the new features, feel free to ask them below via comments.