The latest version of ClassiPress has just been released today. It is a general patch release that fixes 10+ bugs and includes 15 or so enhancements. It is recommended that you upgrade to this release so you can benefit from the changes. Existing customers can login to their account and download the latest version.
Below you will find a list of all fixes and changes in this release. For specific files affected, please see the changelog.txt file accompanied with the 3.0.2 download.
Anyone who has already translated ClassiPress into their native language will have to update their .mo file. I have written a tutorial on how to do this at the bottom of this page: How to Translate a WordPress Theme.
- fixed sidebars & footer widgets so they now work when cp is translated into other languages.
- fixed google maps get direction function so it no longer gives you a 404 page not found.
- fixed category bug for nav menu and directory home page view of sub cats options.
- fixed TinyMCE js validation on new ad submission form so you don’t have to click next step twice and the error message appears correctly.
- replaced all date functions with date_i18n for better internationalization support
- added body background color style to prevent white background on slower page loads.
- added a fixed height to the featured ads slider box so on page load, it doesn’t leave a huge space below it.
- fixed “% of sellers ad price” pricing option bug and spelling error. it now calculates the correct price.
- fixed ad inquiry form confirmation where body has quotes or apostrophes is adds a forward slash.
- fixed new ad submission form step 2 when clicking on the “go back” button in IE.
- fixed home page pagination bug where blog posts were making it seem like there were multiple pages
- removed title attribute from ad image so hover doesn’t show image file name.
- added function to automatically insert an expiration date on an ad if it’s manually or auto-script created. This fixes ads that immediately expired because they didn’t have a date set.
- added new ad submission form validation support for 30 default languages. new option added on the admin settings page.
- added new function (cp_make_clickable) to automatically hyperlink urls or email addresses found in custom fields.
- added new option to override the generic WordPress new user registration and forgot password email headers.
- added custom.css file so you can add their own styles without having to touch the core .css files. Thx Levi.
- added new admin section called advanced options which includes the option to disable core .css files so you can easily build child themes.
- added empty index.php files to the core directories for security to prevent directory browsing.
- on new theme activation, set the default new WordPress user role to contributor only if it’s currently set to the subscriber default.
- added new trim function to ad listing titles on the home page to prevent pushing the price field down.
- added new option to show zero sub categories in the main menu and index-directory.php page.
- added new plugin called “New User Email Setup” in the plugins folder. This allows you to customize the generic WordPress new registration emails.
- made some minor adjustments to the styles on how the background gradient image was loading.
Lots of good stuff packed in this update and I appreciate everyone who submitted their bugs/feature requests. ClassiPress gets more and more stable with each release which means a better product for you all.
NOTE: Any support questions should be posted in the forum and not in the comments below. We have a dedicated team that can respond much faster and usually with multiple answers from the community. Thank you.