It’s been a while since we’ve released a major feature update to ClassiPress but the good news is there’s one just around the corner. Version 3.1 has been in the works for a while now and will include lots of sought after features.
We actually planned on releasing it a while back but wanted to wait for WordPress 3.0 to first be released so we could benefit from its new features.
The first most noteworthy change will be the usage of WordPress 3.0 custom post types and taxonomies. All ads will now be completely separate from blog posts which makes post and category management much easier.
Other features include:
- Checkbox and radio button custom field types
- New users can create a password on account sign-up
- Tool tip icon added to custom fields on form
- Advanced search which includes radius option
- Custom ads write panel
- Facebook sign-in & account creation module
- Coupon code module
- Ability to mark ads as “sold” and keep them live
- TinyMCE option for each custom textarea field
- Unlimited ad posting for xx days option
- Email sent to ad owner 3 days before ad expires
- Main ad image will be clickable
- Adding Google maps character encoding option
- Report this post feature
- and much more!
We are feverishly working on this release and it should be ready by
October 8th. See our theme release status page.