Not far behind our previous release comes version 3.0.4 which addresses a couple important bugs. We preferred to wait and fix these in v3.1 which is scheduled for the end of September, but felt these couldn’t wait.
The main bugs fixed in this patch release are as follows:
- Cron Jobs Not Triggering – Ads were not being correctly expired due to a hard coded table prefix.
- Ad Editing Resets Values – Some customers were having problems with their ads losing custom field values when editing them.
- Home Page Sidebar Widgets – Using language packs prevented the home page sidebar widgets from being changed.
- Child Category Search – Searching a parent category for something that existed in a child category returned no results.
- Relist Ad Date Issue – Non-standard dates caused an issue with the free ad re-listing process.
- Child Theme Login Page – Issue where changing the header and footer did not effect the login page.
- Ad Edit TinyMCE – Editing an ad with HTML enabled was not loading the TinyMCE editor controls.
- A couple other minor fixes.
As a special gift for not catching these bugs in v3.0.3, we decided to slip in a couple new features that were scheduled for v3.1. These features are mostly related to payment options but also includes a few other “enhancements”.
- PayPal IPN – It’s finally here! Small Business Edition and higher now includes support for PayPal’s instant payment notification option.
- Bank Transfer Gateway – All ClassiPress owners can now enable a bank transfer option to allow your customers to wire money into your account.
- Smart Payment Drop-Down – On the checkout page, the payment option box appeared even if an ad was free. It’s now been moved to step #2 and doesn’t appear at all if the ad total is $0.
- Favicon Support – Got a favicon image you’d like to use? If not, make your own or shrink an existing image! ClassiPress now automatically detects and uses your favicon. Just drop your .ico in the ClassiPress images folder.
- WordPress Body Class Tag – Now you can style the body of your site or specific pages by using the dynamic native WordPress body_class() function.
- Parent Category Classes – If you haven’t seen the demo site recently, check it out. Notice how the parent categories now have nice little icons next to them? This new feature allows you to style them accordingly.
So when should you expect to see v3.0.4? It’s currently locked down in svn and our development team is regression testing. Translation: Everything is fixed and we’re now testing it.
Expect to see it on your customer dashboard for download by this Friday the 13th. Well, maybe we’ll release it on Thursday so we’re not jinxing ourselves. 🙂