For the majority of customers, our themes have enough features to match their requirements and no custom work is needed. There is, however, a small percentage of customers who want to have custom design or development work done.
The AppThemes team does not provide any custom services but can recommend a few alternatives:
- AppThemes Marketplace – our very own plugins and child themes Marketplace has dozens of products which are built by our team and other highly skilled developers.
- Certified Partners – we’ve got several partnerships with WordPress development firms who are happy to take on custom projects.
- Theme Services Forum – In the forums, you can post your job requirements for free and see if other AppThemes customers are available to help. This is a more casual approach with no 3rd party moderating your project.
Our themes work without plugins but we do recommend adding a few to enhance your site even further. Below you will find a list of plugins we like.
AppThemes Team Plugins
We’ve got some of the best WordPress developers around who build more than just application themes. Check out some of the free plugins we provide to the WordPress community.
(these plugins are not developed or maintained by AppThemes. We cannot guarantee that they will work nor can we support them. Please refer to the authors site for plugin support.).
- WP Super Cache – This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress site which in turn, speeds up your page load time. This plugin is a must for those looking to increase your website performance.
- W3 Total Cache – An excellent site caching plugin which we use on our site. Improve site performance and user experience via caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
- WordPress Database Backup – Make sure you never lose your important WordPress data. You can schedule automatic backups of your site and have it emailed to you.
- Maintenance Mode – Adds a splash page to your website that lets visitors know your blog is down for maintenance. Logged in administrators get full access to the blog including the front-end. Perfect when first setting up your site and don’t want others to see it under construction.
- Subscribe To Comments – Puts a check box below your comments form. Anyone who checks this box will get an email once a new comment has been made. It’s a great way to generate return traffic to your site and encourage people to respond.