A new version of ClassiPress is scheduled to be released next week. It is a general patch release that will address a handful of bugs along with a couple of new enhancements. Not all fixes are listed below but rather just the higher priority issues.
This release was actually delayed a few weeks because two important things had to happen first. The release of WordPress 3.0 (to make sure we didn’t have any compatibility issues) and the launch of AppThemes (so you can login to your account and download 3.0.3 instead of searching for your original e-junkie email).
Now that both of those milestones have been reached, it’s time to push out 3.0.3.
Key Bug Fixes
- Bug where certain admin pages weren’t being translated
- fixed google maps where TM overflows out of the box
- fixed the “Pack Price” issue where it rounded all prices
- fixed the option “Allow Ad Editing” to work properly
- fixed problem where text-area custom fields show up with the list items near the photo
- fixed contact form tab issue where contact tab would not be shown after form was submitted
- fixed sidebar widget issue where widgets wouldn’t work if using a different language file
- fixed the sidebar widget issue where the “Blog” categories were still showing up
- fixed the problem where the 4 column option for the category menu drop-down didn’t work
- Full native support to create child themes (tutorials coming soon)
- Members will be able to relist free ads
- Image container on single ad page is better styled and centered
- Many functions are now pluggable and can be overridden without editing core files
- Enhancements and deprecation of certain CSS files (details below)
- Replace existing ad expiration engine with native WordPress cron scheduler
- Ability to use CSS on the custom fields by giving them an HTML tag ID
- Added upgrade assistant tool available on the ClassiPress dashboard
We have fixed a large array of the issues found by community members in the forum (thank you guys). We expect most ClassiPress members will want this upgrade for since you will no longer need mods for “free relisting of ads” and also the ability to now create “ClassiPress Child Themes” in a much more reliable way.
Finally, we managed to sneak the “Cron Scheduler” into this release which will assist all users who posted on threads about “expired ads” showing up as our first step to eliminate this problem.
It is recommended to always upgrade to the latest version, however there aren’t any security or stability issues that will be fixed in 3.0.3 so it’s not mandatory.
Reminder – Support questions are not to be posted within the comments below. Please use the customer forum for anything related to product support.