We’ve been busy working on a couple of awesome new themes and we’re proud to announce the release of HireBee!
HireBee is a WordPress freelance marketplace theme that will enable site owners to connect small businesses (known as “employers”) with freelancers, offering every business service imaginable, allowing you to monetize any niche. Sites like Elance, oDesk, and 99designs are perfect examples of this type of successful crowdsourcing model.
With HireBee you can create your own freelance niche site targeting work on a specific country, or remote work. We’ve worked to include all the major features that make these sites incredibly useful for those who are looking for work and those who need to complete work.
Of course, we didn’t forget the importance of monetization for site owners and so HireBee provides plentiful options to make money while providing a useful service like a freelance marketplace.
Considering the current economy, HireBee makes all sense. Starting today, any site owners with a WordPress install can provide a freelance marketplace in any country, by simply installing our theme!
On Sale Now!
HireBee is on sale for 25% off during the first two weeks (expires July 14th, 2014), after which it’ll jump back to its normal price of $99. Click here to apply the discount code (shows up on the checkout page).
- The HireBee overview page outlines all the features and functions, complete with screenshots
- Test drive the theme by visiting the live HireBee demo and admin demo
Through skills, category or location type filters your site users can easily find the most relevant projects for their skills.
Post a Project
Posting a project is fast and simple and besides the usual title, description, category and sub-category fields, includes budget type (fixed price, per hour), budget currency, location (remote or location specific), skills, tags, file uploading (with file limit and allowed mime types configured in the backend) and duration (free projects only, paid projects duration is set in the price plan). Additional fields can be added using the custom form builder.
The dashboard is the nerve center for your site’s users – a single page where they have access to all their notifications, projects, proposals, purchases, reviews, contact info, site stats and favorites.
HireBee is our first theme to feature our brand new custom made notifications API. Every user action, like posting a project, applying to a project, making a purchase, etc…, triggers a notification on the user dashboard and is also sent via email.
Each time a project is assigned to a freelancer, it get’s it’s own private workspace only accessible for the project participants. A workspace were each participant can easily control their work.
Lot’s of users are looking for sources of income online. A marketplace for employers/freelancers could be a great source of income, specially considering the current economy state. HireBee allows you to generate income with employers or freelancers.
Still on the monetization topic, whom we believe is one of your most important features, site owners can monetize on employers by setting price plans that need to be purchased in order to post a project. Additionally, employers can pay for addons like: feature on frontpage, feature on project category page or, to mark projects as urgent. Monetization for freelancers work by selling credits that they can use to post, edit or to feature proposals.
Give something to your users to make them coming back to your site.
Perks in HireBee are represented as free credits for freelancers. Site owners can offer free credits for each new registered user. Credits can also be offered each month.
The Foundation framework is one of the fastest and best responsive design frameworks out there, and makes HireBee easily accessible from any browsers or mobile device. Foundation is also very popular amongst developers and designers by virtue of being so easy to work with. Child theme designers be alert!
Much, Much More
These are only a minor fraction of the features that HireBee provides. We suggest reading the theme overview page or checking out the demo to learn more. It’s already one of our most feature rich themes and will only get better in the future.
What’s Included in HireBee 1.0
Most of the features that you expect from a freelance marketplace.
- Project listings
- Freelancer listings
- Choosable budget currency
- Choosable budget type: fixed price, per hour
- Projects can be set to a specific location or ‘remote’ (remote work)
- User dashboard to manage projects, proposals, purchases, etc
- User activity - users can view their latest site activity from their dashboard
- Terms negotiation – employers/candidates can discuss terms before agreeing with work
- Favorite projects
- Clarification section in single project page
- Individual project workspaces
- Reviews and ratings
- Full profile pages – include user reviews and rating, and authored projects
- Assign skills to projects
- Assign skills to users
- Assign user price per hour
- Keyword and filters search
- Multi-tier categorization system
- Search engine optimized
- Multiple page templates
- Editable menus in header and footer
- Localization support
- Theme color options
- Separate blog and page templates to promote your site
- Foundation framework
- Custom forms and custom fields for the projects form through the AppThemes form builder
- Upload media to projects in the frontend through the same WordPress media manager UI used in the backend
- Shared roles capabilities – allow employers to apply to projects and freelancers to post projects
- Refine search features like skills, category, location type and sorting filters
- Easy log in form on every page
- Customize the theme visuals using WordPress builtin Customizer
- Integration with ShareThis social sharing plugin
- Seven fully widgetized sidebars: main, single page, single project, listings (projects and freelancers), post project, post proposal/apply to project, user profile
- One widgetized spot in the global header, perfect for a 468×60 ad banner
- Two widgetized spots for ads in listings - one for project listings and one for freelancer listings
- Two widgetized spots for the user dashboard activity page – one in activity header, the other in activity footer
- One widgetized spot for content bellow the main navigation bar - optionally visible on all pages or only on frontpage
- Three widgetized columns in the global footer
- Post a project button is widgetized so you control where it is placed on a page
- Recent projects widget
- Saved Filters – allows users to save search filters
- 125×125 ads widget
- Facebook widget
- Social connect widget - includes most popular social networks
- Charge a fee for posting projects
- Charge a fee for relisting projects
- Additional fee for home page featured, category featured and urgent projects
- Charge fee for applying to projects (post proposal)
- Charge fee for editing proposals
- Additional fee for featuring a proposal
- View all transactions via admin panel
- Ads in project and freelancer listings
- Widgetized location in the header that is perfect for a 468×60 banner
- All payment gateways created as plugins
- Comes prepackaged with PayPal
- Uses PayPal Payment Data Transfer for greater security
- Test gateway for testing transactions on your site